Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Help

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
John Lennon and Paul McCartney

I need your advice.  I'm entering my blog in a 'Parents Canada' magazine contest, and I can only submit one post.  Do you have a favourite 'Grateful Mama' post?  I feel too close to the content to choose objectively, so I'd really appreciate your feedback.  Don't put too much thought into it, just let me know if there's a post that stands out in your mind.  

If you haven't figured out how to leave a comment on my blog, (or you don't wish to share your thoughts with everyone,) feel free to email me at thegratefulmama@gmail.com.  

Now, I should apologize if you're disappointed with this post;  I realize that it's all business and no pleasure.  For your enjoyment, I'll leave you with a couple of  words that Pip has recently added to her vocabulary: 'nexterday'  and 'lasterday.'  Apparently 'yesterday' and 'tomorrow' weren't cutting it for her.  Makes sense to me.

Thank you for continuing to read my blog.  I'm soooooooooooo grateful that you're out there!

I hope you enjoy nexterday's post.  

5 comments:

  1. We eagerly look forward to each entry on your blog, Karen, and think it's wonderful that you're entering the contest. We've enjoyed them all. One that stays with us is 'To Dance', but we enjoyed a good laugh with 'Poof'.
    Best wishes!
    Wayne & Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I was just meeting with some "geeks" tonight because I'm starting a blog in the comox valley this fall. Leaf told me about you. I REALLY want to meet with all the other bloggers out there so we can start networkinig with each other... especially if our goals are to get more readership. anyway... i don't see an email address on here so I hope you get this comment and contact me :) I've been blogging for personal reasons for the last few years - so the link on this comment will take you to that blog. My new one isn't up yet! (shhhh... secret!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed so many but Little Star is a favorite, as is Labels and Poof. Keep up the good working sharing your insights in such an entertaining way. Good luck Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wayne and Diane for your suggestions...I really appreciate your support and I'm thrilled that people who aren't necessarily my 'target audience' are still finding something entertaining in my posts. Thanks so much!

    Anonymous, I think I may go with 'Little Star'...it's one of my faves as well. Thank you for the feedback!

    Looking forward to connecting with you Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen...Jan here!

    I was just catching up on your latest entries, still loving them all! A wondeful thought crossed my mind as I was reading your birthday entry. As Mother's we all love the stories, wisdom and moral support that your blog provides, but I just realized that it is a journal of love for your two adorable daughters. I can olnly imagine them reading about your feelings and thoughts when they are old enough, and having a window in to your soul when they are themselves Mothers....beautiful. Keep writing! Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete